- Insulation Board
The ideal solution for reducing your heating costs: SunStone insulation boards prevent heat-loss downwards, this means that the heat produced by your underfloor heating system is retained in the room for longer. Therefore, you use your heating less frequently or for shorter periods of time.The ideal solution for reducing your heating costs: SunStone insulation boards prevent heat-loss downwards, this means that the heat produced by your underfloor heating system is retained in the room for longer. Therefore, you use your heating less frequently or for shorter periods of time.
Insulation boards come in various different sizes and forms; cement coated or uncoated. The cement coated insulation boards come in 6mm, 10mm and 20mm sizes. The uncoated boards come in 10mm and 20mm only. The material of the insulation boards is easy to cut through with a utility knife, which makes shaping the boards to the different forms of your room effortless and ensures perfect insulation across the entirety of the floor. SunStone Insulation boards can be attached to either concrete or timber subfloors, providing the flexibility you need to increase insulation levels throughout your home. Furthermore, your underfloor heating system can be installed directly on top of the insulation boards without any additional preparatory work required. Once installed, the Insulation boards can reduce your running costs of your underfloor heating by up to 50%. This is achieved by preventing the heat from escaping downwards. Therefore, the heat is directed in an upward fashion only, meaning that the room remains warm much longer and the heating system requires less time to bring the room to your comfort temperature.Key Features
• Cement coated board size: 1200mm (L) x 600mm (W)
• Uncoated board size: 1245mm (L) x 600mm (W)
• Cement coated board thickness: 6mm, 10mm, 20mm
• Uncoated board thickness: 10mm, 20mm
• Load bearing: 30 tonnes/m2
• Composition: Extruded polystyrene, each side faced with a nominal 0.5mm thick glass-fibre mesh reinforced polymer-modified cement mortar.
• R Value: (6mm) 0.16; (10mm) 0.28; (20mm) Class 0/B1 fire rated
• No primer required when used in conjunction with underfloor heating
• EU compliant with CE marking.